We are a multi-agency missionary team serving at the Good News Hospital in Mandritsara, northern Madagascar, working alongside Malagasy Christians, in partnership with the Bible Baptist Churches of Madagascar. The project comprises a hospital (including a community health team and a nursing school), a school, radio station and village outreach.
We need help assisting the Finance Team of the Good News project with:
- preparation of annual budgets,
- monthly accounts reporting,
- helping department heads understand their finances
- reviewing audit recommendations and designing system improvements
- improving internal financial control
- providing financial training.
Depending on your skills and who else is available locally, you may also be able to help with:
- maintaining individual desktop and laptop computers, planning IT improvements, such as installing an IT network, and upgrading the accounting system
- assisting the team leader with various admin projects.
You will need to speak, read and write some French, as this is the working language of the hospital and project administration. This is not a paid role; you will need to raise your own funds for your flights and stay in Mandritsara.
Generally it takes three to four months to go through the paperwork: DBS check, work permit application and obtaining a visa. Please allow for this when planning your time in Mandritsara.
If you are not able to go yourself, please pass this advert on to someone who may be able to go.
Click here to download a pdf copy of ths advert .
For more information
For more information and expression of interest please contact Mat Linley, the missionary team leader, via the contact form below: