The team of Christians working in Mandritsara at the hospital, school and radio station is quite diverse.
While the majority of the staff come from the Mandritsara district, a number of the staff come from other parts of Madagascar, primarily in and around the capital, Antananarivo.
The missionary team at Mandritsara all work under the auspices of ‘Amis de Mandritsara‘ (often referred to as AM-FM), whether they are supported through Friends of Mandritsara Trust, AIM, SIM, Tearfund Belgium, Mission Plus or any other organisation.
The current team of missionaries working in Mandritsara come from Belgium, Switzerland and the UK (though in the past it has included people from France and Australia):
- Vicky Hopley – British optometerist – see home assigment link
- Mat and Katy Linley – British Bible teacher and doctor
- Matt and Sarah Sherratt – British doctor and school teacher – see their home assigment link
- Hilde Vlaminckx – Belgian nurse working in the nursing school
- Thomas and Esther Beck – Swiss doctor and practice manager
- Naomi Coleman – British school teacher – home schooling for the missionary children – November 2015 for two years
Also, from time to time there are medical students, visiting doctors and nurses and others working at the hospital, school or church.
However, we are still in need of more people! Click here for a list of personnel needs.